This page includes a selection of columns and articles that I’ve written for professional and public audiences in recent years.
Baker, L. 2016. Opportunities and Barriers for Food Waste Reduction. "What’s Working" section, Huffington Post, July 15, 2016 at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lawrence-a-baker/opportunities-and-barrier...
- Baker, L., P. Kalinosky, S. Hobbie, and R. Neprash. Sweeping more than once pays off. Public Works Magazine, August 2015.
- Baker, L., P. Kalinosky, S. Hobbie, et al. Quantifying nutrient removal by enhanced street sweeping. Stormwater Magazine, March/April 2014.
- Baker, L. Support your local NIMBY. Minneapolis Star Tribune (counterpoint column), Feb. 9, 2011.
- Baker, L. He says it’s not a golden egg. ECM Post Review, March 24, 2010.
- Baker, with FSR Board. Friends of the Sunrise River on proposed power plant. Chisago County Press, early 2009.
- Holway, J., and L. Baker. Principles for managing the southwest’s urban water environments. Southwest Hydrology Magazine, December 2009.
- Baker, L. 2009. Sustaining our environment and our democracy, Minnesota Journal, July/August 2009, page 14.
- Baker, L. Minnesota’s Water Environment in the 21st Century, Minnesota Journal, May 2008, page 1.
- Baker, L. The trouble with road salt. Minneapolis Star and Tribune, May 22, 2008.
- Baker, L. Enemy of the Lake. “With Water in Mind” feature, Minneapolis Star and Tribune, January 27, 2008.
- Baker, L. Instant runoff. Minneapolis Star and Tribune, April 15, 2007.
- Baker, L. Urban stormwater: getting at the source. 2007. Stormwater Magazine 8(8) Nov. 2007.
- Baker, L. A. and J. Schussler. Whole-watershed P balances as a practical tool for lake management. LakeLine Magazine, June 2007.
- Baker. L. Preserving Minnesota’s lakes for our kid’s kids. Minnesota Journal, April 2006.